The Health Hazard Awareness (OSHA #7205) course covers common health hazards that are encountered in the workplace. These health hazards include exposure to chemicals, asbestos, silica and lead. Course topics include identification and evaluation of health hazards and their sources of exposure, health hazard information, and engineering and work practice controls. Students participate in workshops on evaluation and abatement of workplace health hazards. Upon course completion, students will have the ability to understand common health hazards in the workplace and methods for controlling and abatement of these hazards.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
TEEX and the OSHA Training Institute (OTI) have an attendance policy that requires all students to fully attend enrolled classes. In order for the student to receive a certificate of completion, they must attend the entire class. We realize that extenuating circumstances may arise that would take a student out of class and have implemented the following policy to handle those situations. Below are the responsibilities and expectations of students in a TEEX course.
- Participants are expected to attend 100% of the course in which they are enrolled before a certificate of successful completion can be issued.
- If an extenuating circumstance arises in which a participant is unable to attend 100% of class, the participant must get with the instructor to complete the Participant Makeup Time Request form prior to their leaving the classroom. If the extenuating circumstance arises during non-class hours, then the participant must get with the instructor to complete the Participant Makeup Time Request form when they return to the class. If the participant is unable to return to class, they must still contact the instructor for the required processing.
- If the instructor approves an absence and the absence time is less than 20% of the class time, the instructor can assign makeup work for equivalent time missed.
- All assigned makeup work must be documented, checked by the instructor and returned with class materials to be maintained in the class record as required by OSHA and TEEX.
- For all other approved absences, participants must enroll through TEEX Registration to retake the course within the OSHA required six-month time frame.
- Unexcused absences require participants to register/pay/attend the class again at another time.
TopicsIdentification of hazards +Sources of exposure +Health hazard information +Evaluation of exposure +Engineering and work practice controls
- Industrial Hygienists
- Safety Supervisors
- Hazardous Waste Managers
- Program Administrators
- Construction Industry Professionals
- Healthcare Facility personnel
- VPP Program Managers
- VPP Auditors
- Collateral Duty Safety Personnel
- Line Supervisors
Government Programs, Certifications and AccreditationsPost 9/11 GI Bill Benefits® For information contact (877) 833-9638
Continuing Education & Professional Credits0.8 CEUs