The Water Technology course helps participants better prepare for the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) Class A water exam and provides each with operational guidance associated with construction and maintenance of water systems. During the course, participants are provided best practices surrounding the quality control of raw water for lab technicians and plant operators. Training provided covers industry-wide issues such as bacteriology of water, raw water quality and pretreatment, water storage, and water distribution.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- Simple calculator with the square root function
- Participants should hold a Class B Surface, Groundwater or Distribution license
- For reference, participants are encouraged to bring copies of TEEX manuals used in all previous water classes
- Scientific calculator
TopicsBasic water +Water distribution +Customer service inspection +Groundwater production +Surface water production I +Surface water production II +Water lab +Safety +Confined space entry +Pump and motor maintenance +Chlorinator maintenance +Valve and hydrant maintenance +Management
- Supervisors in a water utility
- Managers in a water utility
- Water utilities field operations superintendent
- Field coordinator
- Field utility specialists
Continuing Education & Professional Credits4 CEUs
TCEQ licensed water operators