The OSSF - Site Evaluator course not only prepares students to sit for the On-Site Sewage Facilities Site Evaluator license exam, it provides participants with the fundamental knowledge necessary to determine a site’s suitability for a particular system. Students are provided with in-depth information surrounding the proper conduct of a site evaluation, skills requirements, pre-construction site assessments, and soil evaluations for multiple types of OSSF systems. Once students successfully complete the course, a proctored TCEQ OSSF Site Evaluator licensing examination will be administered.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
TCEQ Licensing Requirements
- Participants are required by TCEQ to provide documented evidence of a current Installer II license, Designated Representative license, Professional Engineer license, Professional Sanitarian license, Certified Professional Soil Scientist, or Professional Geoscientist license in the soil science discipline.
- Once registered, participants are required to submit a licensing application using the TCEQ eApplication site along with a copy of the TEEX course registration confirmation. TCEQ processing time for the application is approximately 2 to 4 weeks. Once received, TCEQ will provide the student with a conditional approval letter permitting the student to sit for the licensing exam administered at the conclusion of the class. A copy of the letter along with documented evidence as noted above must be uploaded to the TEEX Student Portal for Customer Care review at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the class.
TopicsOSSF rules and regulations +Site evaluation +Soil evaluation +Technical and operating issues
- Water/Wastewater Industry Professionals
- Utilities Industry Professionals
- OSSF licensees
- OSSF Designated Representative
Continuing Education and Professional CreditsCE+TCEQ On-site Sewage Facility (OSSF) License