The Basic Water Works Operations correspondence course participants will receive an introduction to source, characteristics, production, treatment, disinfection, storage, and distribution of potable water. Upon completion of the course, students will be able to identify general hazards, demonstrate safety practices, explain basic water chemistry, and utilize mathematics as applied to chemical feeding and other operational problems.
NOTE: Online registration for this correspondence course is prohibited. After reviewing the course brochure, please access and complete the correspondence course registration form located in the resource area. Once completed, submit the entire packet to TEEX. Feel free to contact Customer Care at (800) 723-3811 with any additional questions.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- Complete the entire course within a six month period
- Access to a county or municipal water system for completion of project assignments
- Ability to perform a chlorine residual analysis
- Arrange for a proctor during all course exams
Registered students are encouraged to contact TEEX Customer Care with all content related questions at (800) 723-3811 or by email at ITSI@TEEX.tamu.edu
TopicsHow to handle public relations +Origin and characteristics of water +Safety rules and regulations regarding water systems + Overview of the water cycle +Responsibilities of water system personnel +Water utility industry regulations+Texas’ rules and regulations
- New employees working with water systems
- New employees involved in production or distribution of potable water
Continuing Education and Professional CreditsTCEQ licensed water operators