**PLEASE NOTE** online registration is not available. You must provide prerequisite information, complete all required documentation, and submit via fax or mail. To protect your sensitive personal information, please do not email forms/documentation.
The Wastewater Treatment correspondence course provides participants with a review of the water cycle together with a general description of the responsibilities of wastewater system personnel. During the course, participants receive information specific to the regulation of wastewater dischargers and state rules and regulations for licensing of wastewater system operators. In addition to those areas mentioned, formulas discussed are reviewed and applied to specific problems related to wastewater treatment, solids treatment and effluent disinfection procedures.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- Complete the entire course within a six month period
- Access to a wastewater treatment plant and facility information
- Access to a plant’s discharge permit information
- Ability to acquire information on plant laboratory data, equipment and treatment units
- Access to a microscope
- Access to process control information from an activated sludge facility
- Access to information on a trickling filter facility, RBC facility, and a pond facility
- Access to plant sludge information
- Ability to perform a chlorine residual analysis
- Access to plant record information and a Material Safety Data Sheet
- Registered students are encouraged to contact TEEX Customer Care (800)723-3811 or by email at ITSI@TEEX.tamu.edu.
- Participants should have a good understanding of Basic Wastewater Operations.
TopicsActivated sludge processes +Advanced treatment processes +Chlorination of wastewater +Composition and characteristics of sewage +Laboratory controls +Ponds +Pretreatment +Primary filters +Rotating biological contractors +State requirements for wastewater treatment +Wastewater treatment
- New employees of a wastewater system
- New employees involved in the quality control or treatment of wastewater
- Licensed wastewater system operators
- Licensed wastewater collection system operators
Continuing Education & Professional Credits2 CEUs
TCEQ licensed wastewater operators