The Wastewater Collection correspondence course provides participants with a review of the water cycle together with a general description of water personnel responsibilities. The self-paced course covers information specific to wastewater dischargers and state rules and regulations surrounding the certification of wastewater system operators. In addition to those areas mentioned, formulas discussed are reviewed and applied to specific problems related to wastewater hydraulics and pumping. Students also receive a brief review of state and federal regulations specific to wastewater collection and treatment.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Student Must Provide
- A proctor during all examinations
- Access to a wastewater collection system
- Access to lift station information, Industrial Pretreatment Program information and an System organizational chart
- Ability to acquire information on a collection system and related work procedures
- Ability to perform a flow test in the collection system
Items Needed for Course Testing/Assessment
- Course must be completed within six months of the start date
- All course examinations must be proctored. When selecting a proctor, ensure they are not a spouse, family member, partner, fiance, or anyone residing in the same household. Additionally, a proctor cannot be currently enrolled in any distance learning course offered by the TEEX Water & Wastewater Program. In most cases, an immediate supervisor is selected to serve as a proctor. Other approved proctor options include, a licensed supervisor at work, a company training manager, a college proctor, or certified clergy. If an examination is not proctored, participants will not be eligible for TCEQ license credit hours.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must complete each training module and required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam within the required timeline.
Prior Training Courses or Knowledge
It is recommended, but not required, participants complete the Basic Wastewater Operations (WWW101) course and be employed by a Water System to ensure all class field exercises and assignments can be completed.
TopicsCollection system design +Construction +Industrial waste monitoring +Lift stations +Maintenance and operation +State requirements
Suggested AudienceThis course is designed for public works personnel and employees of a wastewater system.
Continuing Education and Professional Credits2 CEUs
TCEQ licensed wastewater operators