**PLEASE NOTE** online registration is not available. You must provide prerequisite information, complete all required documentation, and submit via fax or mail. To protect your sensitive personal information, please do not email forms/documentation.
The Wastewater Collection correspondence course provides participants with a review of the water cycle together with a general description of water personnel responsibilities. The self-paced course covers information specific to wastewater dischargers and state rules and regulations surrounding the certification of wastewater system operators. In addition to those areas mentioned, formulas discussed are reviewed and applied to specific problems related to wastewater hydraulics and pumping. Students also receive a brief review of state and federal regulations specific to wastewater collection and treatment.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- Complete the entire course within a six month period
- Access to a wastewater collection system
- Ability to acquire information on a collection system and related work procedures
- Access to information on a lift station
- Ability to perform a flow test in the collection system
- Access to Industrial Pretreatment Program information and organizational chart
- Registered students are encouraged to contact TEEX Customer Care with all content related questions at (800) 723-3811 or by email at ITSI@TEEX.tamu.edu.
- Participants should have a good understanding of Basic Wastewater Operations.
TopicsCollection system design +Construction +Industrial waste monitoring +Lift stations +Maintenance and operation +State requirements
- New employees of a wastewater system
- New employees involved in the operation and maintenance of a wastewater facility
- Licensed wastewater system operators
- Licensed wastewater collection system operators
Continuing Education and Professional Credits2 CEUs
TCEQ licensed wastewater operators