**PLEASE NOTE** online registration is not available. You must provide prerequisite information, complete all required documentation, and submit via fax or mail. To protect your sensitive personal information, please do not email forms/documentation.
The Landscape Irrigator Inspector exam is a three-hour exam that is administered on behalf of the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ). Students who wish to take the Landscape Irrigation Inspector exam must be approved by TCEQ and meet licensing requirements.
Effective September 9, 2016, most occupational license applications will have to be pre-approved before you can register to take an exam. The eApplication makes it easier for you to apply, by eliminating the paper application and letting you complete your application online! Processing time is approximately 2 to 4 weeks, barring any deficiencies.
To register for the Landscape Irrigation Inspector exam, you must have completed a TCEQ-approved Irrigator Inspector training course, or the following:
- Provide a copy of your Basic Irrigation course certificate
- Provide a copy of your Backflow Prevention Assemble Tester 40-hour course certificate from TEEX (Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester's School - WWW500) or TCEQ (TCEQ 1200).
- Provide a copy of your Water Conservation or Water Audit course certificate.
- You must have applied with TCEQ and received an approval letter to test and provide a copy to TEEX Customer Care at least 14 days prior to exam date.
Course Completion Requirements
- Non-programmable calculator
- Two – Number 2 pencils
- Proof of identification (a valid U.S. driver’s license, valid military ID, or valid U.S. Passport)