FSA118 – 16.00 Hours
|LS FSA118 78||$55.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
Those who conduct investigations or deal with evidence are expected to testify as expert witnesses. This means they must establish credibility the moment they enter the courtroom and proceed to the witness stand to present their testimony. This course provides participants with an understanding of the basic factors that create effective courtroom testimony.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements for Texas Forensic Science Academy Courtroom Testimony course #40065.
This course, along with the 24-hour Face-to-Face FSA119 Courtroom Testimony Practical Applications, will meet the 40-hour Courtroom Testimony requirement for multiple Texas Forensic Science Academy Certificate Programs.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- The mandatory completion/duration period for this eCourse is 45 days from the registration date.
- Participants will have three attempts to pass the final examination.
- To complete this course you are required to have a computer with internet access.
Online Course Technical Requirements
To successfully complete this online course, you should have access to a computer with the following system requirements:
- Computer tower or laptop
- Note: The use of a tablet is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Broadband or high-speed internet connection
- Recommended: Wired connection with at least 2.0 Mbps bandwidth (bi-directional, i.e. sending and receiving)
- Alternative: Wireless (WiFi) connection
- Note: The use of a MiFi or mobile hotspot is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Current version of web browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 96 or higher, Google Chrome 97 or higher
- Alternative: Safari 15 or higher
- Note: Microsoft Edge is not currently a supported browser.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 17 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
- Effective Communication in Court
- The American Legal System
- Anatomy of a Jury Trial
- The Expert Witness
- What to Prepare for Trial
- Do’s and Don’t of Courtroom Testimony
- Testifying in Court
- Law enforcement and non-commissioned personnel with assignments that may require them to provide courtroom testimony such as crime scene investigators, fire investigators, detectives, medicolegal death investigators, patrol officers, corrections officers and forensic nurses
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 16.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- 16.00 hours – Texas Education Agency (TEA)
- 16.00 hours – International Association of Identification (IAI)
- 1.00 hours – ACE American Council on Education (ACE)
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or [email protected]
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
Email: [email protected]
- Credit Card – Complete online registration or call (979) 845-6677
- Purchase Order – Complete registration form and send to [email protected] or fax to (877) 289-9715
- Check – Complete registration form and mail to: TEEX – ILEPSE, P.O. Box 40006, College Station, TX 77842
TEEX Participant Handbook
Conduct During Live Online Instructor-Led Courses
Online courses: Refunds are not available for eLearning courses, nor may the course be transferred from one customer to another.