FSA118 – 16.00 Hours
TEEX-Internet Moodle Campus
Texas A&M University Systems Building
College Station, TX 77845
12:01 AM Saturday, February 01, 2020
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
Those who conduct investigations or deal with evidence are expected to testify as expert witnesses. This means they must establish credibility the moment they enter the courtroom and proceed to the witness stand to present their testimony. This course provides participants with an understanding of the basic factors that create effective courtroom testimony.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
requirements for Texas Forensic Science Academy Courtroom Testimony course
This course, along with the 24 hour Face-to-Face FSA119 Courtroom Testimony Practical Applications, will meet the 40 hour Courtroom Testimony requirement for multiple Texas Forensic Science Academy Certificate Programs.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- The mandatory completion/duration period for this eCourse is 45 days from the registration date.
- Participants will have three attempts to pass the final examination.
- To complete this course you are required to have a computer with internet access.
Online Course Technical Requirement
- Broadband Internet Connection Using Current Browser – Microsoft Edge is not a supported browser
Recommended – Mozilla Firefox 30 or higher, Google Chrome 37 or higher
Alternatives – Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Safari 7 or higher
- Apple Quicktime Player 10 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
- Adobe Flash 11 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review
each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities,
quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Effective Communication in Court
- The American Legal System
- Anatomy of a Jury Trial
- The Expert Witness
- What to Prepare for Trial
- Do’s and Don’t of Courtroom Testimony
- Testifying in Court
Law enforcement and non-commissioned personnel with assignments that may require them to provide courtroom testimony such as crime scene investigators, fire
investigators, detectives, medicolegal death investigators, patrol officers,
corrections officers and forensic nurses
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 0.7 CEUs
- 16.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- 1.00 hours – ACE
- 16.00 hours – International Association of Identification (IAI)
- 16.00 hours – Texas Education Agency (TEA)
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with
instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation
within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or email@example.com.
- Refunds are not available for eLearning courses, nor may a course be transferred from one customer to another.