This 16-hour online Computer-Based Training (CBT) course is intended to provide Urban Search and Rescue (US&R) Task Force personnel with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to select, train, and work with current and future disaster search canines. This course is appropriate for canine handlers that will work with either Live-Find (LF) or Human Remains Detection (HRD) canine during search and rescue operations as part of US&R Task Force. Upon completion of this CBT course, students will be able to take part in the Instructor-Led Training component of the Canine Search Specialist course.
This course is the prerequisite course that must be completed before students can attend the Canine Search Specialist - Instructor Led Training course, which is 24 hours of face-to-face course taught over three days.
The Canine Search Specialist - Instructor Led Training course code is 9P1331. Register now in the Canine Search Specialist - Instructor-Led Training
There are no prerequisites for this course.
In order to complete this course, you must have:
- Internet connection (broadband connection recommended)
- A current web browser (i.e., Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari, etc.) To prevent issues during your online class, be sure that your web browser is updated to the latest version available.
- Current versions of Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash loaded on your computer.
TopicsModule 1 - Canine Selection and Screening+Module 2 - How Canines Learn and Trainers Train+Module 3 - Search Fundamentals+Module 4 - Canine Search Operations Overview+Module 5 - Certification Process+Final Exam
- Search and Rescue Personnel
- State Urban Search and Rescue Personnel
- Structural Collapse Response Personnel
- Fire Department Responders
- Law Enforcement Personnel
- Emergency Medical Services Personnel
- County/State/Federal Responders
- National Guard and DOD Personnel
- Public Health and Health Care Workers
Phone: 9794585636 | Tollfree: (866) 878-8900
TEEX is the National Contract Training Provider for the FEMA National Urban Search and Rescue System and this CBT course was developed under contract for US&R personnel.
This CBT course is hosted and provided at no-cost to emergency responders in partnership with the TEEX National Emergency Response and Rescue Training Center (NERRTC) which is a member of the National Domestic Preparedness Consortium (NDPC).