This 13-hour online course component is intended to provide Urban Search and Rescue (US&R) Task Force personnel with the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform medical functions for a US&R team during a disaster or planned event. Participants will learn to navigate the operational aspects and organizational issues that affect their ability to practice medicine. Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to successfully perform the position of Medical Team Specialist on a US&R team. Upon completion of the Computer Based Training (CBT) component, you will be able to take part in the Instructor-Led Training (ILT) component of the Medical Team Specialist course.
This course is the prerequisite course that must be completed before students can attend the Medical Team Specialist - ILT course, which is 42 hours of face-to-face course taught over four and a half days.
The Medical Team Specialist - ILT course code is 9P3131. Register now for the Medical Team Specialist - Instructor-Led Training.
In order to complete this course, you must have:
- Internet connection (broadband connection recommended)
- A current web browser (i.e., Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari, etc.) To prevent issues during your online class, be sure that your web browser is updated to the latest version available.
- Current versions of Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash loaded on your computer.
TopicsModule 1 - US&R Response History+Module 2 - US&R Task Force (TF) and Medical Team+Module 3 - Task Force (TF) Health+Module 4 - US&R Stress+Module 5 - Medical Team Administration and Documentation+Module 6 - Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, or Explosive (CBRNE) Considerations+Module 7 - Focused Clinical Exam+Module 8 - Confined Space Entry+Module 9 - Canine Care+Final Exam
- Search and Rescue Personnel
- State Urban Search and Rescue Personnel
- Structural Collapse Response Personnel
- Fire Department Responders
- Law Enforcement Personnel
- Emergency Medical Services Personnel
- County/State/Federal Responders
- National Guard and DoD Personnel
- Public Health and Health Care Workers
Continuing Education & Professional Credits
TEEX is the National Contract Training Provider for the FEMA National US&R System and this course was developed under contract for US&R personnel. This course is hosted and provided at no cost to emergency responders in partnership with the TEEX National Emergency Response and Rescue Training Center (NERRTC) which is a member of the National Domestic Preparedness Consortium (NDPC).
This course is hosted and provided at no cost to emergency responders in partnership with the TEEX National Emergency Response and Rescue Training Center (NERRTC) which is a member of the National Domestic Preparedness Consortium (NDPC).