Knowing how to shoot well is an important requirement for police firearms instructors, but they must also know how to teach others to shoot and handle firearms. This course will help you develop the additional knowledge, skills, and techniques needed to organize and teach firearms courses. Participants will learn to diagnose and correct student weaknesses, analyze and score targets, design and run courses of fire, and properly document police firearms training. Participants will be able to develop and implement comprehensive firearms training programs.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Firearms Instructor Course #2222.
Please fax documents to (979) 862-2788 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org two weeks prior to class start date.
- Participants must pass the Firearms Instructor Qualifications on the first day of class. There will be no refunds for any candidate dismissed for failure to meet the minimum firearms qualification.
- Hearing protection
- Wrap around eye protection
- Billed cap
- Semi-automatic pistol with three magazines
- .38 or .357 caliber revolver and two speed loaders
- Duty belt, flashlight, magazine holder, speed loader pouch and appropriate holsters for the revolver and semi-automatic pistol
- Factory loaded ammunition, 500 rounds for semi-automatic pistol and 200 rounds of revolver ammunition
- 12 gauge police shotgun with ammunition (50 rounds birdshot, 25 rounds 00 buck and 10 rounds of rifled slug)
- Durable clothes for outdoor range activities including foul weather
- Gun cleaning supplies appropriate for their weapons
TopicsApplying firearms safety and liability issues +Designing courses of fire +Identifying and correcting shooter problems +Teaching the fundamentals of shooting +Understanding firing range operations and firearms instructor duties
- Participants should be currently commissioned peace officers or security personnel
Government Programs, Certifications and AccreditationsGSA contract number:GS-07F-0357V. GSA customers, to register please contact email@example.com or call (800) 423-8433.
Law Enforcement and Security Training
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Tollfree: (800) 423-8433