If a TEEX trainee is unable to attend a class for which they have registered, he/she must contact the program representative of the course they registered for in advance to either transfer or cancel the registration.
Customers are allowed to transfer to another scheduled class (or from one customer to another) at any time before the start of the class at no charge. Customers are encouraged to transfer to a future scheduled class of the same course. The following conditions may apply to the transfer based upon the individual circumstance:
- If the customer cannot transfer to a scheduled class of the same course, then he/she may transfer to another class of a different course and receive either a refund or pay the difference between the two class fees (if applicable); OR
- If the customer cannot attend any scheduled class, then the Cancellation/Refund Policy is in effect.
- With the exception of the TEEX Fire Recruit Academy (face-to-face classes), TEEX will provide a full refund if the customer cancels 15 or more calendar days before the start of the class. The TEEX Fire Recruit Academy will retain their publicized cancellation fee regardless of when a student cancels.
- Cancellations received 14 calendar days or less before the start of the class will be charged a fee of 10% of the class tuition. Exceptions to the cancellation fee are allowed with division director approval.
- Once a transfer has been made, any cancellation of the course by the customer will be treated as less than 15 days.
- If TEEX cancels a class, customers will be offered:
- A transfer to a scheduled class of the same course, OR
- A transfer to another class of a different course (customers will receive either a refund or pay the difference between the two class fees, if applicable), OR
- A full refund.
Registered participants/students who do not contact the program representative of the course they registered for in advance to cancel their registration and do not attend their scheduled class will be charged the entire class fee.
Refunds are not available for eLearning or correspondence courses, nor may the course be transferred from one customer to another.
The eLearning and Face-to-Face portions of a blended course will be treated as separate components to the course. The respective refund policies are in effect for each component.
Cancellations or refunds for veterans must follow the current Veteran Administration requirements. Contact the
TEEX Veterans Liaison for assistance.