9P1330 – 16.00 Hours
|FP 9P1330 63||$10.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This 16-hour online Computer-Based Training (CBT) course is intended to provide Urban Search and Rescue (US&R) Task Force personnel with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to select, train, and work with current and future disaster search canines. This course is appropriate for canine handlers that will work with either Live-Find (LF) or Human Remains Detection (HRD) canine during search and rescue operations as part of US&R Task Force. Upon completion of this CBT course, students will be able to take part in the Instructor-Led Training component of the Canine Search Specialist course.
This course is the prerequisite course that must be completed before students can attend the Canine Search Specialist – Instructor Led Training course, which is 24 hours of face-to-face course taught over three days.
The Canine Search Specialist – Instructor Led Training course code is 9P1331. Register now in the Canine Search Specialist – Instructor-Led Training
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
In order to complete this course, you must have:
- Internet connection (broadband connection recommended)
- A current web browser (i.e., Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari, etc.) To prevent issues during your online class, be sure that your web browser is updated to the latest version available.
- Current versions of Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash loaded on your computer.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Disaster Search Fundamentals
- Practical Application of Agility, Direction and control
- Search Strategy
- Advanced Disaster Search Skills
- Operational Exercise
- Search and Rescue Personnel
- State Urban Search and Rescue Personnel
- Structural Collapse Response Personnel
- Fire Department Responders
- Law Enforcement Personnel
- Emergency Medical Services Personnel
- County/State/Federal Responders
- National Guard and DoD Personnel
- Public Health and Health Care Workers
TEEX is the National Contract Training Provider for the FEMA National Urban Search and Rescue System and this CBT course was developed under contract for US&R personnel.