9P3131 – 42.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, this course can be scheduled to meet your specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
The Instructor-Led Training (ILT) component of the Medical Team Specialist course is designed to provide Urban Search and Rescue (US&R) Task Force personnel with the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform medical functions for a US&R team during a disaster or planned event. Participants will learn to navigate the operational aspects and organizational issues that affect their ability to practice medicine. Upon completion of the ILT component, participants will be able to successfully perform the position of Medical Team Specialist or Medical Team Manager on a US&R team.
This course is 46 hours of face-to-face training. Prior to attending this face-to-face training course, students must successfully complete the Computer-Based Training (CBT) Medical Team Specialist course (Course Code: 9P3130) that is approximately 13 hours. The CBT component of this course is hosted for free by TEEX.
This course requires the prior completion of TEEX Course 9P3130 Computer-Based Training (CBT) component of Medical Team Specialist.
Members of FEMA US&R Task Forces should complete the exact same CBT course (Course Code: 9P3130) at www.esf9training.org which is a Learning Management System created by TEEX for the FEMA National US&R Response System designed for task forces to automatically track all of their training certificates, qualifications, expiration, and personnel ability to deploy.
Participants must bring their certificate of completion on the first day of class. Participants that have not completed the CBT portion will be removed from the class.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Module 1 – Medical Considerations in the US&R Environment
- Module 2 – Crush Syndrome
- Module 3 – Blast Injuries and Hemorrhage Control
- Module 4 – Confined Space Medical Considerations
- Module 5 – Field Amputations and Pain Management
- Module 6 – Task Force (TF) Canines
- Module 7 – Skill Stations
- Module 8 – Patient Care Scenarios
- Module 9 – Field Exercise
- Search and Rescue Personnel
- State Urban Search and Rescue Personnel
- Structural Collapse Response Personnel
- Fire Department Responders
- Law Enforcement Personnel
- Emergency Medical Services Personnel
- County/State/Federal Responders
- National Guard and DoD Personnel
- Public Health and Health Care Workers
TEEX is the National Contract Training Provider for the FEMA National Urban Search and Rescue (US&R) System and this course was developed under contract for US&R personnel. This ILT course is the same curriculum and instructors utilized for courses taught to the FEMA National US&R System.
TEEX has provided training to National US&R and SUSAR task forces since 1998 and your department can be confident that training provided by TEEX will meet credentialing and validation requirements because TEEX adheres to all of the requirements set forth by the FEMA US&R Program Office.