9P7130 – 8.00 Hours
TEEX-Internet Moodle Campus
Texas A&M University Systems Building
College Station, TX 77845
To Be Announced
12:01 AM Wednesday, January 01, 2020
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
This eight-hour online Computer-Based Training course is intended to provide Urban Search and Rescue (US&R) Task Force personnel with the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform Task Force Leader (TFL) functions for a US&R team during a disaster or a planned event. Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to successfully describe the duties and responsibilities of a TFL on an US&R team, and be able to take part in the Instructor-Led Training component of the Task Force Leader course.
This course is the prerequisite that must be completed before students can attend the Task Force Leader – Instructor-Led Training course, which is 24-hours of face-to-face course taught over three days. The Task Force Leader – Instructor-Led Training course code is 9P7131.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
In order to complete this course, you must have:
- Internet connection (broadband connection recommended)
- A current web browser (i.e., Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari, etc.) To prevent issues during your online class, be sure that your web browser is updated to the latest version available.
- Current versions of Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash loaded on your computer.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Module 1 – The National US&R Response System Overview
- Module 2 – Incident Support Team
- Module 3 – The Planning Process
- Module 4 – Program Management
- Module 5 – Cache Management and Logistics
- Module 6 – Air Operations
- Final Exam
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 0.5 CEUs
TEEX is the National Contract Training Provider for the FEMA National Urban Search and Rescue (US&R) System and this course was developed under contract for US&R personnel. This course is hosted and provided at no cost to emergency responders in partnership with the TEEX National Emergency Response and Rescue Training Center (NERRTC) which is a member of the National Domestic Preparedness Consortium (NDPC).
This course is hosted and provided at no cost to emergency responders in partnership with the TEEX National Emergency Response and Rescue Training Center (NERRTC) which is a member of the National Domestic Preparedness Consortium (NDPC).