9G5410 – 8.00 Hours
TEEX-Internet Moodle Campus
Texas A&M University Systems Building
College Station, TX 77845
William Paul Gunnels
12:01 AM Saturday, August 01, 2020
Central Daylight Time (CDT)
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
This eight hour online component is intended to provide Urban Search and Rescue (US&R) Task Force personnel with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to operate in a known or suspected contaminated environment. In this Computer based training (CBT) component, participants learn the essential requirements for safe operations in contaminated environments as described in Annex B, Concept of Operations (ConOps): US&R Operations in a Contaminated Environment, which is located in the National US&R Response System Operations Manual. Upon completion of the CBT component, participants will attend the Instructor-Led Training (ILT) component for hands-on, skills-related training necessary for operating in contaminated environments.
This course is the prerequisite course that must be completed before students can attend the Enhanced Operations in the Contaminated Environment – Instructor Led Training (ILT) course, which is four hours of face-to-face course taught over half a day. The Enhanced Operations in the Contaminated Environment – Instructor Led Training (ILT) course code is 9G5420.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Online Course Technical Requirements
In order to complete this course, you must have:
- Internet connection (broadband connection recommended)
- A current web browser (i.e., Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari, etc.) To prevent issues during your online class, be sure that your web browser is updated to the latest version available.
- Current versions of Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash loaded on your computer.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Module 1 – Introduction to Task Force Operations in Contaminated Environments
- Module 2 – Preparedness Phase
- Module 3 – Deployment Phase
- Module 4 – Demobilization and Return-to-Readiness Phases
- Final Exam
- Search and Rescue Personnel
- State Urban Search and Rescue Personnel
- Structural Collapse Response Personnel
- Fire Department Responders
- Law Enforcement Personnel
- Emergency Medical Services Personnel
- County/State/Federal Responders
- National Guard and DOD Personnel
- Public Health and Health Care Workers
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 0.30 CEUs
TEEX is the National Contract Training Provider for the FEMA National Urban Search and Rescue (US&R) System and this course was developed under contract for US&R personnel.