9P7231 – 25.00 Hours
|Details||08/15/23 – 08/17/23||College Station, TX||FP 9P7231 12||$1600.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
The Task Force Safety Officer – Instructor Led Training (ILT) course is designed to provide Urban Search and Rescue (US&R) Task Force personnel with the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the duties of a Task Force Safety Officer (TFSO) on one a US&R task force. Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to successfully perform the position of TFSO on a US&R task force.
The Task Force Safety Officer – Instructor Led Training (ILT) course is 25 hours of face-to-face training. Prior to attending this face-to-face training course, students must successfully complete the Task Force Safety Officer – Computer Based Training (CBT) course (course code: 9P7230) that is 6 hours.
This course requires the prior completion of TEEX Course 9P7231 Computer-Based Training (CBT) component of Task Force Safety Officer.
Members of FEMA US&R Task Forces should complete the exact same CBT course (Course Code: 9P7231) at www.esf9training.org which is a Learning Management System created by TEEX for the FEMA National US&R Response System designed for task forces to automatically track all of their training certificates, qualifications, expiration, and personnel ability to deploy.
Participants must bring their certificate of completion on the first day of class. Participants that have not completed the CBT portion will be removed from the class.
Course Completion Requirements
Participants Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
- Task Force BDU uniforms/t-shirts.
- One laptop computer per student.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
The TFSO must adhere to the following position-specific requirements as identified in the position description:
- Meet all administrative and general training requirements.
- Complete the National US&R Response System GPS Awareness Level course.
- Complete ICS-300 in accordance with the National Standard Curriculum Training Development Guidance.
- Complete the National US&R Response System US&R Safety Officer course.
- Meet requirements of National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1006 Standard for Technical Rescue Professional Qualifications (level I and II) (excluding Chapter 1, “Administration,” section 1.3.3) (2013 edition).
- NFPA 1006 Chapter 5, “Job Performance Requirements”.
- NFPA 1006 Chapter 6, “Rope Rescue” (level I and II).
- NFPA 1006 Chapter 7,”Confined Space Rescue” (levels I and II).
- NFPA 1006 Chapter 8, “Trench Rescue” (levels I and II).
- NFPA 1006 Chapter 10, ” Vehicle Rescue” (levels I and II).
- Complete the National US&R Response System Structural Collapse Technician course or FEMA/DHS approved equivalent.
- Possess current certification in basic first aid for first responders or equivalent.
- Risk Management
- Roles and Responsibilities of the US&R Task Force Safety Officer
- Normalization of Deviance
- Hazard Mitigation
- Risk Reduction
- Practical Exercises
- Proper Risk Identification Techniques
- Other Related Topics
TEEX is the National Contract Training Provider for the FEMA National Urban Search and Rescue (US&R) System and this course was developed under contract for US&R personnel. This instructor led training course is the same curriculum and instructors utilized for courses taught to the FEMA National US&R System. TEEX has provided training to National US&R and SUSAR task forces since 1998. Your department can be confident that training will meet credentialing and validation requirements. TEEX adheres to all of the requirements set forth by the FEMA US&R Program Office