AWR138 – 5.00 Hours
|EC AWR138 147||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
Network Assurance covers secure network practices necessary to protect networked systems against attacks and exploits. Network security administration topics include firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention, common cryptographic ciphers, AAA (authentication, authorization, and accounting), server and client security, and secure policy generation.
Two credit hours through ACE are provided only if all four courses within the Online for IT Professionals (Cyber 201) track are completed.
Complete the following online courses:
- AWR-175 or have a good knowledge and understanding of the following topics:
- Patching and updating
- Confidentiality, integrity, and availability
- Disclosure, alteration, and denial
- Vulnerabilities, attacks, and controls
- Types of attacks and attackers
- Access Control
- TCP/IP Networking
- Networking basics and security
- Operating system security
Course Completion Requirements
- Current Browser (i.e. Internet Explorer or Firefox, Safari)
- To prevent issues during your online course, please be sure that your web browser is updated to the last version.
- Pop-ups must be enables
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7 or higher
- Adobe Flash 9.0.45 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
Broadband connection recommended.
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Layered defense
- Surveillance and reconnaissance
- Outsider threat protection
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 2.00 hours – American Council on Education (ACE)
- State Board for Educator Certification (SBEC)/Texas Education Agency (TEA)
In order to receive the full two credit hours, all four classes in the Cybersecurity for IT Professionals track must be successfully completed
After registering for this online course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us.
- For DHS/FEMA Funded Courses, please contact [email protected] or call (800) 541-7149