AWR178 – 9.00 Hours
|EC AWR178 143||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This course covers secure programming practices necessary to secure applications against attacks and exploits. Topics covered include fundamental concepts of secure software development, defensive programming techniques, secure design and testing, and secure development methodologies.
Two credit hours through ACE are provided only if all four courses within the Online for IT Professionals (Cyber 201) track are completed.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- Current browser (i.e., Internet Explorer or, Firefox, Safari)
- To prevent issues during your online course, please be sure that your web browser is updated to the latest version.
- Pop-ups must be enabled.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7 or higher
- Adobe Flash 188.8.131.52 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
Broadband connection recommended.
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Secure software programming
- Secure software design and testing
- Secure software methodologies
- Software Developers
- IT Staff
- IT Managers
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 2.00 hours – ACE American Council on Education (ACE)
- State Board for Educator Certification (SBEC)/Texas Education Agency (TEA)
In order to receive the full two credit hours, all four classes in the Cybersecurity for IT Professionals track must be successfully completed.
After registering for this online course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us.
- For DHS/FEMA Funded Courses, please contact [email protected] or call (800) 541-7149