FSA106 – 40.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, this course can be scheduled to meet your specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence at (800) 423-8433 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
Proper crime scene investigation, evidence collection, and documentation are key components to any criminal investigation. This course provides participants with information, techniques, and methods for conducting investigations ranging from general crime scene investigations to death investigations. Course instruction is through lecture and case review with emphasis on practical application.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Intermediate Crime Scene Course #2106.
Participants enrolling in this course must meet one of the following employment statuses:
- Licensed or certified peace officer with a current
commission employed by or attached to a law enforcement/investigative agency
- Civilian employed by a law enforcement/investigative agency
conducting investigative tasks or duties
- Nurse employed by a medical facility tasked with conduction forensic exminations
Prior to the start of the course, a member of the Forensic Science Academy staff will contact participants to verify employment in one of the fields listed above.
Students will be contacted via email to confirm approval and admittance into the course.
Course Completion Requirements
Student Must Provide
- Digital SLR camera
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are
expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive
Prior Training Courses or Knowledge
Student May Bring
- External flash
- Camera cable release
- Instruction manuals (camera and flash)
- Participants are encouraged to wear comfortable clothing for classroom and field exercises
- Crime scene searches and legality
- Phases of crime scene investigation
- Crime scene documentation: photography and sketching
- Identification, collection, and preservation of evidence
- DNA evidence
- Electronic evidence
- Collection, classification, and identification of fingerprints
- Fingerprint processing
- Investigative techniques for specific crime scene areas
- Crime scene simulation
Law enforcement and non-commissioned personnel assigned to
investigative tasks and duties such as crime scene investigators, fire
investigators, detectives, medicolegal death investigators, patrol officers,
corrections officers and forensic nurses
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 4 CEUs
- 40.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- 3.00 hours – ACE
- 20.00 hours – International Association of Identification (IAI)
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
- Credit Card – Complete online registration or call (979) 845-6677
- Purchase Order – Complete registration form and send to email@example.com or fax to (979) 862-2788
- Check – Complete registration form and mail to: TEEX – LAW, P.O. Box 40006, College Station, TX 77842
- If paying by purchase order or check, please fill out the required registration form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (979) 862-2788.