LET102 – 2.00 Hours
TEEX-Internet Moodle Campus
Texas A&M University Systems Building
College Station, TX 77845
John T McNew III
12:01 AM Wednesday, January 01, 2020
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
This online course will cover the role and duties of law enforcement, proper behaviors/demeanors for civilians and peace officers during a traffic stop and in the context of the Seven Step Violator Contact, and the use of video and audio recording during a traffic stop.
The Community Safety Education Act (Texas Senate Bill 30) requires school districts and charter schools for students in 9th – 12th grade be educated on how to conduct themselves when stopped by police. In conjunction with this new education initiative for high school students, all Texas Peace Officers must receive additional training on interactions with the driving public.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Civilian Interaction Training Course #30418.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
This course must be completed within 45 days from the registration date.
Broadband Internet Connection Using Current Browser – Microsoft Edge is not a supported browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 57 or higher, Google Chrome 65 or higher
- Alternatives: Internet Explorer 11, Safari 10 or higher
Apple Quicktime Player 10 or higher
Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
Adobe Flash 28 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Senate Bill 30 (Community Safety Education Act)
- Seven Step Violator Contact
- Officer and Civilian Demeanor Expectations
- Recordings, Complaints, and Concerns
Peace officers and reserve law enforcement officers
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 0.2 CEUs
- 2.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433