LET102 – 2.00 Hours
|LS LET102 52||$25.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
This online course will cover the role and duties of law enforcement, proper behaviors/demeanors for civilians and peace officers during a traffic stop and in the context of the Seven Step Violator Contact, and the use of video and audio recording during a traffic stop.
The Community Safety Education Act (Texas Senate Bill 30) requires school districts and charter schools for students in 9th – 12th grade be educated on how to conduct themselves when stopped by police. In conjunction with this new education initiative for high school students, all Texas Peace Officers must receive additional training on interactions with the driving public.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Civilian Interaction Training Course #30418.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- The mandatory completion/duration period for this eCourse is 45 days from the registration date.
- To complete this course, you are required to have a computer with internet access.
Online Course Technical Requirements
To successfully complete this online course, you should have access to a computer with the following system requirements:
- Computer tower or laptop
- Note: The use of a tablet is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Broadband or high-speed internet connection
- Recommended: Wired connection with at least 2.0 Mbps bandwidth (bi-directional, i.e. sending and receiving)
- Alternative: Wireless (WiFi) connection
- Note: The use of a MiFi or mobile hotspot is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Current version of web browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 52 or higher, Google Chrome 80 or higher
- Alternatives: Internet Explorer 11, Safari 11 or higher
- Note: Microsoft Edge is not currently a supported browser.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Senate Bill 30 (Community Safety Education Act)
- Seven Step Violator Contact
- Officer and Civilian Demeanor Expectations
- Recordings, Complaints, and Concerns
- Peace officers and reserve law enforcement officers
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- .2 IACET CEUs
- 2.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or email@example.com.
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433