LET572 – 1.00 Hours
TEEX-Internet Moodle Campus
Texas A&M University Systems Building
College Station, TX 77845
Miles Lee Santo
12:01 AM Thursday, April 01, 2021
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
Not all law enforcement agencies in Texas are large enough, nor can they necessarily afford, to train a firearms instructor. TCOLE 218.9 Continuing Firearms Proficiency Requirements went into effect February 1, 2020 and grants provisions for an agency or entity to designate a firearms proficiency officer.
No definition of a firearms proficiency officer is given nor does the rule state the designated proficiency officer needs to be a certified firearms instructor. Section 218.9 sets minimum standards for annual firearms proficiency and the standards for documentation of those proficiencies.
This course of instruction is designed to teach an individual designated by their agency as a firearms proficiency officer the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) rules for designing and documenting annual firearms qualification for their respective agency when no trained firearms instructor is available.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements TEEX Firearms Proficiency Officer Update Course #78057.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- The mandatory completion/duration period for this eCourse is 45 days from the registration date.
- To complete this course, you are required to have a computer with internet access.
Online Course Technical Requirements
To successfully complete this online course, you should have access to a computer with the following system requirements:
- Computer tower or laptop
- Note: The use of a tablet is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Broadband or high-speed internet connection
- Recommended: Wired connection with at least 2.0 Mbps bandwidth (bi-directional, i.e. sending and receiving)
- Alternative: Wireless (WiFi) connection
- Note: The use of a MiFi or mobile hotspot is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Current version of web browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 52 or higher, Google Chrome 80 or higher
- Alternatives: Internet Explorer 11, Safari 11 or higher
- Note: Microsoft Edge is not currently a supported browser.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- TCOLE 218.9 and firearms proficiency officers in Texas
- Annual firearms proficiency documentation
- Handgun, shotgun, precision rifle, patrol rifle, and fully automatic weapon proficiency
- Sample course of fire for annual proficiency overview
Peace officers and reserve law enforcement officers
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 0.10 CEUs
- 1.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433