OGT208 – 8.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, this course can be scheduled to meet your specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
This course takes an all-hazards approach to Hazardous Materials (HazMat) incidents, including acts of terrorism where Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) materials may have been used. It provides participants the knowledge to recognize the hazardous material, protect themselves, notify others, and secure the scene.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
Prior Training Courses
- Understand recognition, avoidance, isolation, and notification techniques for explosive devices when used as WMDs
- Prevention and Deterrence
- Identification of Hazardous Material and the Emergency Response Guide (ERG)
- Chemical Agents
- Biological Agents
- Radiological Materials and Nuclear Weapons
- Explosive Devices
- Fire Department personnel
- Law Enforcement personnel
- Public Works personnel
- County/State/Federal Responders
- Emergency Medical Service (EMS) providers
- Public Health and Health Care workers
- The Private Sector
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
As part of a Department of Homeland Security/ Federal Emergency Management Agency (DHS/FEMA) funded Homeland Security National Training Program Cooperative Agreement this course is available at no direct cost to state, county and local government agencies.
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.