OGT208 – 8.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This course takes an all-hazards approach to Hazardous Materials (HazMat) incidents, including acts of terrorism where Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) materials may have been used. It provides participants the knowledge to recognize the hazardous material, protect themselves, notify others, and secure the scene.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participants Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed
Prior Training Courses
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Understand recognition, avoidance, isolation, and notification techniques for explosive devices when used as WMDs
- Prevention and Deterrence
- Identification of Hazardous Material and the Emergency Response Guide (ERG)
- Chemical Agents
- Biological Agents
- Radiological Materials and Nuclear Weapons
- Explosive Devices
- Fire Department personnel
- Law Enforcement personnel
- Public Works personnel
- County/State/Federal Responders
- Emergency Medical Service (EMS) providers
- Public Health and Health Care workers
- The Private Sector
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
As part of a Department of Homeland Security/ Federal Emergency Management Agency (DHS/FEMA) funded Homeland Security National Training Program Cooperative Agreement this course is available at no direct cost to state, county and local government agencies.
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.