ASP104 – 36.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, this course can be scheduled to meet your specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
This course covers topics necessary to work as a Public Information Officer (PIO), such as:
- legal issues
- the media
- scene management
- news conferences
As part of the course, you will present information on camera about a simulated incident, prepare written press releases, and learn how to prepare for news-media interviews.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- PPE Level 0 as described in the TEEX Student Safety Manual.
- All students are required to follow the TEEX Student Safety Manual at all times.
- Regular station duty wear for fire field activities
- Office attire for classroom sessions.
- You may not wear to any class or field activity
- sleeveless shirts
- open-toed shoes
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- The Public Information Officer
- Ethics, Legal Issues, Policies
- The Media
- Developing positive relationships with the media
- Gathering information
- Getting the information to the media
- Scene Management
- Multi-agency operations
- News Conferences
- Reaching the Community
- Review and Exam
All Emergency response personnel, including fire prevention, suppression, control and safety personnel.
Monday – Thursday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Course size limit
Annual Schools require that you use the online registration system. If you are using a Purchase Order (including H.B. 2604 voucher) please place the number in the PO field for payment. Please know we must have a copy of the PO or voucher within 48 hours of your registration or you will be canceled out of the class.
The full rate will be applied after the early-bird registration deadline.
Phone: (866) 878-8900