AWR139 – 7.00 Hours
|EC AWR139 130||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This course covers investigative methods and standards for the acquisition, extraction, preservation, analysis, and deposition of digital evidence from storage devices. This course offers a wide array of forensics situations that are applicable to the real world. Students will learn how to find traces of illegal or illicit activities left on disk with computer forensics tools and manual techniques, and how to recover data intentionally hidden or encrypted by perpetrators.
Two credit hours through ACE are provided only if all four courses within the Online for IT Professionals (Cyber 201) track are completed.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- 56K modem internet connection (broadband connection recommended)
- Current browser i.e., Internet Explorer 6 or higher, Firefox 2.0 or higher, or Safari 2 or higher. (To prevent issues during your online course, please be sure that your web browser is updated to the latest version)
- Pop-ups must be enabled
- Adobe Flash 188.8.131.52 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
Broadband connection recommended.
- Evidentiary reporting
- Computer technologies
- Digital evidence collection
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 2.00 hours – ACE American Council on Education (ACE)
In order to receive the full two credit hours, all four classes in the Cybersecurity for IT Professionals track must be successfully completed.
After registering for this online course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us.
- For DHS/FEMA Funded Courses, please contact [email protected] or call (800) 541-7149