AWR160 – 8.00 Hours
|FP AWR160 172||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
This online course focuses on training responders to meet the requirements established in the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1072 (2017 ed.),“Competencies for Awareness Level Personnel,”(chapter 4) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.120 (q) (6) (i) (a-f) “First Responder Awareness Level” competencies.
This course encompasses an all-hazards approach to Hazardous Materials (HazMat) incidents, including acts of terrorism where Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) materials may have been used. It provides participants the knowledge to recognize the hazardous material, protect themselves, notify others, and secure the scene.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
In order to complete this course, you must have
- internet connection (broadband connection recommended)
- current web browser (i.e., Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari, etc.) To prevent issues during your online class be sure that your web browser is updated to the latest version available.
- current versions of Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash.
- This course cannot be done on a mobile device
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
Participants will be given one (1) opportunity to take the course pretest to display mastery of the course content. Those passing with a 80% or higher score will be able to proceed directly to the course evaluation and certificate. Participants who do not pass the pretest with a grade of 80% or higher will be required to complete the full course and pass the final exam.
Participants must pass the quiz at the end of each module to move to the next module. Participants will have five (5) chances to pass each end-of-module quiz. If participants cannot pass the quiz or the end-of-course exam after five (5) attempts, the participant will be disenrolled from the course. These participants will need to enroll in a future course offering and meet the course requirements.
- Prevention and Deterrence
- Identification of Hazardous Material and the Emergency Response Guide (ERG)
- Chemical Agents
- Biological Agents
- Radiological Materials and Nuclear Weapons
- Explosive Devices
- Fire department responders
- Law enforcement officials
- Public works
- County/State/Federal responders
- Emergency medical services
- Public health and health care workers
- Private sector
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- .8 IACET CEUs
- 7.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
As part of a Department of Homeland Security/Federal Emergency Management Agency (DHS/FEMA) cooperative agreement training program, this course is available at no direct cost to state, county, and local government agencies.
At the completion of this course, you will be required to pass a comprehensive final exam in order to print a certificate of completion.