AWR408 – 1.50 Hours
|EU AWR408 16||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
In this course, participants will identify key elements of disaster recovery guidance, determine methods for planning a successful recovery, and finally, review recovery assistance available to jurisdictions and the community.
Course Completion Requirements
- Participants must earn a minimum score of 70% on the final exam to receive their certificate.
- Participants will have three attempts to pass the final exam.
- Participants that do not pass the final exam will have to enroll in a future course offering.
Online Course Technical Requirements
To successfully complete this online course, participants must have:
- Computer tower or laptop (the use of a mobile devise is not recommended)
- Broadband or high-speed internet connection with at least 2.0 Mbps bandwidth (bi-directional, i.e. sending and receiving)
- Current version of web browser:
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 52 or higher, Google Chrome 80 or higher
- Alternatives: Internet Explorer 11, Safari 11 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
Participants must pass the quiz at the end of each module to move to the next module. Participants will have three (3) chances to pass each end-of-module quiz. If participants cannot pass the quiz or the end-of-course exam after three (3) attempts, the participant will be disenrolled from the course. These participants will need to enroll in a future course offering and meet the course requirements.
There are no prerequisites for this course. However, it is highly recommended that participants complete:
- Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS) or equivalent
- IS-700.a National Incident Management System (NIMS), An Introduction
- Disaster Recovery Guidance
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- Public Assistance Resources
This course was developed for local, district, county, and state public service agencies and organizations, including directors, assistant directors, chiefs, deputy chiefs, division managers, supervisors, and other key emergency management agency personnel from:
- Infrastructure systems (water, wastewater, environmental, solid waste, electric power, oil and gas, telecom, and transportation)
- Fire, public safety, law enforcement
- City and community planning, economic, housing and urban development
- Health and social services
- Natural and cultural resource organizations
As part of a Department of Homeland Security/Federal Emergency Management Agency (DHS/FEMA) cooperative agreement training program, this course is available at no direct cost to state, county, and local government agencies.
At the completion of this course, you will be required to pass a comprehensive final exam in order to print a certificate of completion.
- For DHS/FEMA Funded Courses, please contact [email protected] or call (800) 723-3811
- GSA contract number: GS-07F-0357V. GSA customers, to register please contact [email protected] or call (800) 723-3811
Infrastructure Training & Safety Institute
OSHA Training Institute Education Center
Phone: | Toll-Free: (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811
Email: [email protected]