CEF012 – 4.00 Hours
|FP CEF012 30||$5.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
Hose types, sizes, rolls and loads all make up the fire attack deployment package. A firefighters knowledge of this deployment package directly effects their ability to successfully deploy hose and apply water to the fire. With changing building components and modern fuel loads, recent studies show that best practices are large volumes of water in a short amount of time to affect the best outcome. Fire hose is the intermediate to get the water from the apparatus to the fire. This course offers 4 CE hours covering fire hose characteristics, causes and prevention of damage, inspection, care and maintenance. As well as hose rolls and loads for attack and supply hose. This course offers an interactive practice session and a module quiz based off IFSTA Essentials of Firefighting 7th edition.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
In order to successfully complete this course, you should have access to computer equipment meeting the following system requirements:
- Recommended screen resolution: 1280 x 1024
- Minimum screen resolution: 1024 x 768
- Broadband or high speed internet
- Latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari web browsers
- Latest version of Flash
- Latest version of Adobe Reader
Students are expected to use the Essentials of Firefighting, 7th Edition Manual
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Fire Hose Characteristics
- Causes and Prevention of Damage, Inspection, Care and Maintenance
- Hose Rolls and Loads for Attack and Supply Hose
Individuals seeking continuing education in the fire service.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 4.00 hours – Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP)
- State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA)