EOT220 – 40.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence at (800) 423-8433 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
Explosive entry continues to grow in American Law Enforcement as a viable tactical option for high risk warrants and hostage rescues. The number of explosive breaches has increased over the last few years but remains relatively low compared to the number of tactical teams in the United States. In this five-day course, explosive entries will be made through Class 1 Steel doors as well as solid wood and hollow core doors. Participants will learn the construction of distraction devices and the use of other explosives by conducting approximately 60 detonations using various amounts of explosives to ensure proper logging, placement and application of methods used to make entry in a safe but affective manner. The TEEX Explosive Breaching course is geared toward increasing the knowledge and skills of SWAT, Tactical, and EOD teams.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Course #78025.
- “This is the second course I traveled from California to take at this institution. I don’t see the same quality of education or facilities or instructors in home state.“
- “We were able to fire over 100 shots of a wide variety. It was great learning experience and I feel very comfortable taking my knowledge back to my agency.“
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participants must submit the following items at least 21 days prior to the first day of class:
- Photo Identification
- Confirmation of current employment with local, state, or federal law enforcement agency response authority using departmental letterhead
Participants will be contacted via email to confirm approval and admittance into course.
Participant Must Provide
- Long-sleeved shirt
- Tactical gear including body armor and boots
- Eye protection
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
Participant May Provide:
- Knee and elbow pads
- Approach and placement
- Breaching methods
- Explosives charges
- Operational planning
- Types of explosives
- Law enforcement and military
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 40.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Course delivery will be held at the TEEX Unexploded Ordnance Range and Search Grids
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
Email: [email protected]