FSA114 – 40.00 Hours
TEEX-Internet Moodle Campus
Texas A&M University Systems Building
College Station, TX 77845
12:01 AM Wednesday, July 01, 2020
Central Daylight Time (CDT)
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
From the moment a human body is discovered, there are many potential causes, factors, and circumstances that must be considered in completing a thorough criminal investigation and potential prosecution. This online course addresses the procedures for conducting investigations of various types of human death and the investigator’s role throughout the investigative process.
This course meets the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Texas Forensic Science Academy Death Investigation Course #40059.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- The mandatory completion/duration period for this eCourse is 90 days from the registration date.
- Participants will have three attempts to pass the final examination.
- To complete this course you are required to have a computer with internet access.
Online Course Technical Requirements
To successfully complete this online course, you should have access to a computer with the following system requirements:
- Computer tower or laptop
- Note: The use of a tablet is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Broadband or high-speed internet connection
- Recommended: Wired connection with at least 2.0 Mbps bandwidth (bi-directional, i.e. sending and receiving)
- Alternative: Wireless (WiFi) connection
- Note: The use of a MiFi or mobile hotspot is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Current version of web browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 52 or higher, Google Chrome 80 or higher
- Alternatives: Internet Explorer 11, Safari 11 or higher
- Note: Microsoft Edge is not currently a supported browser.
- Apple QuickTime Player 10 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
- Adobe Flash 28 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review
each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities,
quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Autopsy, laboratory, and specialist capabilities
- Body of evidence
- Child death
- Death investigation procedures
- Decedents in a hospital setting
- Investigating specific types of death
- Medical examiner and coroner systems
- Stress management
- Time of death estimation and post-mortem processes
- Types of trauma
investigative tasks and duties such as crime scene investigators, fire
investigators, detectives, medicolegal death investigators, patrol officers,
corrections officers and forensic nurses
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 1.00 CEUs
- 40.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- 3.00 hours – ACE
- 40.00 hours – Indiana Law Enforcement Academy (ILEA)
- 40.00 hours – Texas Education Agency (TEA)
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- This course is Pre-Certified for Online Training by the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy (ILEA), 35-6000-158-103(T1-06.02.06.PCOT.010). If completing this course for ILEA credit please complete this Pre-Certification of Online Training form.
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433