FSA301 – 2.00 Hours
TEEX-Internet Moodle Campus
Texas A&M University Systems Building
College Station, TX 77845
12:01 AM Wednesday, July 01, 2020
Central Daylight Time (CDT)
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
This online course prepares participants to establish and secure scene boundaries, utilize proper search methods, and scene documentation. Participants will learn case documentation techniques, such as note taking, videography, photography, sketches, and reports while tying together all information into practical activities.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements for Texas Forensic Science Academy Scene Basics course #2210.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- This course must be completed within 45 days from the registration date.
- Participants will have three attempts to pass the final examination.
- To complete this course, you are required to have a computer with internet access.
Online Course Technical Requirements
To successfully complete this online course, you should have access to a computer with the following system requirements:
- Computer tower or laptop
- Note: The use of a tablet is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Broadband or high-speed internet connection
- Recommended: Wired connection with at least 2.0 Mbps bandwidth (bi-directional, i.e. sending and receiving)
- Alternative: Wireless (WiFi) connection
- Note: The use of a MiFi or mobile hotspot is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Current version of web browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 52 or higher, Google Chrome 80 or higher
- Alternatives: Internet Explorer 11, Safari 11 or higher
- Note: Microsoft Edge is not currently a supported browser.
- Apple QuickTime Player 10 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
- Adobe Flash 28 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Scene Security
- Scene Searches
- Law enforcement and non-commissioned personnel assigned to
investigative tasks and duties such as crime scene investigators, fire
investigators, detectives, medicolegal death investigators, patrol officers and corrections officers
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 0.20 CEUs
- 2.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433