FSA403 – 16.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence at (800) 423-8433 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
In this hands-on course, law enforcement personnel will be able to demonstrate their ability to capture quality photographs in the field and while on patrol. Participants will learn how to operate their camera while exploring the implications of light, depth of field, and common issues and errors while capturing quality photographs. Progression levels of photographs and their proper sequence will be covered in the context of scenes encountered by the call responsive patrol officer. Photographs as digital evidence will also be addressed. Course instruction is through lecture and application exercises.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Texas Forensic Science Academy Photography for Patrol Course #667372.
Participants enrolling in this course must meet the following employment status:
- Licensed or certified peace officer with a current commission employed by or attached to a law enforcement/investigative agency
Prior to the start of the course, a member of the Texas Forensic Science Academy staff will contact the participant to verify employment in the field listed above.
Course Completion Requirements
Participant Must Provide
- A photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
Participant May Bring
- Digital SLR camera
- Electronic flash
- Measurement scale
- Operating your camera
- Depth of field
- Capturing quality photographs
- Crime scene photography
- Digital evidence
- Law enforcement personnel assigned duties that may require taking photographs for evidentiary purposes such as patrol officers.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 16.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
Email: [email protected]
- Credit Card – Complete online registration or call (979) 845-6677
- Purchase Order – Complete registration form and send to [email protected] or fax to (877) 289-9715
- Check – Complete registration form and mail to: TEEX – ILEPSE, P.O. Box 40006, College Station, TX 77842