HAZ004 – 8.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This course utilizes both classroom lecture and field activities to meet or exceed Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.120 (q)(8)(i) annual refresher training requirements.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Course Attire/Personal Protective Equipment
- For field exercise, participants must provide National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1971 compliant PPE that meets the Level 2 requirements in the ESTI Student Safety Manual. Any gear found to be unsafe or not NFPA compliant will not be allowed on the field. The PPE includes: safety glasses, gloves, hard hat, and safety-toed boots.
- Participants are required to participate in hands-on activities utilizing Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) and therefore must be clean shaven while attending class. Facial hair must not be present where the SCBA mask seal contacts the skin. Mustaches and normal sideburns are permitted.
- For classroom activities, participants must wear full length pants, closed-toe shoes, and short sleeve / long sleeve shirts (no sleeveless shirts).
Participants Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Due to the strenuous nature of class activities, you should secure a professional evaluation of your physical condition prior to enrolling in this course.
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Laws, regulation, and consensus standards
- Practical exercises (offensive control techniques)
Personnel who are trained in accordance with CFR 1910.120 (q)(6) and are required to receive training annually to maintain their competencies.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
Class Location and Travel Information
Classes are conducted at Brayton Fire Training Field
1595 Nuclear Science Road
College Station, Texas
For responders in the state of Texas, this course is also available at no cost through the Texas Division of Emergency Management.
Phone: (979) 500-6842 | (866) 878-8900
Email: [email protected]
- Credit Card – Complete online registration or call (979) 845-2130.
- Purchase Order – Complete online registration and send a copy of PO documentation within 48 hours.