HAZ009 – 8.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
This course addresses regulatory pipeline safety and prevention subject matter. In addition, you will complete exercises using the Emergency Response Guidebook (ERG) and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
For classroom activities, participants must wear full length pants, closed-toe shoes, and short sleeve / long sleeve shirts (no sleeveless shirts).
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
- Basic types and categories of pipeline systems
- Primary federal and state agencies that investigate pipeline accidents
- Primary industry and trade associations that develop pipeline standards
- Primary causes of pipeline incidents
- Industry and governmental programs to prevent pipeline incidents
- Emergency Response Guidebook (ERG)
- Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Primary federal and state agencies that regulate pipeline operations
Public employees who are likely to witness or discover releases from the many pipelines that cross their jurisdiction. This includes
- Emergency Medical Service (EMS)
- Law enforcement
- Incident Commanders
- Other local/state/federal officials
Class Location and Travel Information
For responders in the state of Texas, this course is also available at no cost through the Texas Division of Emergency Management.
HazMat Training Manager
Phone: (979) 458-3640 | Toll-Free: (979) 458-4368
- Credit Card – Complete online registration or call (979) 845-2130
- Purchase Order – Complete online registration and send a copy of PO documentation within 48 hours to Cynthia.Ford@teex.tamu.edu.