HAZ033 – 16.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This course meets or exceeds the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1072 Hazardous Materials / WMD Emergency Response Personnel Professional Qualifications Chapter 6.7, Detection, Monitoring, and Sampling.”
Upon completion of this course you are eligible to take the National Board on Fire Service Professional Qualifications (Pro Board) written exam and skills testing.
Pro Board Certification Requirements
Participants pursuing Pro Board certification must provide proof of NFPA 1072 Chapter 5 Operations or NFPA 472 Chapter 5 Core Competencies for Operations Level Responders including Chapter 6.2 Personal Protective Equipment (2008 or 2013 edition) dated prior to the last day of class. The documentation must meet the certification office requirements.
Course Completion Requirements
Course Attire/Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- For field exercise, participants must provide National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1971 compliant PPE that meets the Level 2 requirements in the ESTI Student Safety Manual. Any gear found to be unsafe or not NFPA compliant will not be allowed on the field. The PPE includes: safety glasses, gloves, hard hat, and safety-toed boots.
- Participants are required to participate in hands-on activities utilizing Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) and therefore must be clean shaven while attending class. Facial hair must not be present where the SCBA mask seal contacts the skin. Mustaches and normal sideburns are permitted.
- For classroom activities, participants must wear full length pants, closed-toe shoes, and short sleeve / long sleeve shirts (no sleeveless shirts).
Pro Board Certification Testing
Participants are required to provide a photo ID at time of Pro Board testing.
Participants Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend 100% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion and to sit for the Pro Board certification exam.
Due to the strenuous nature of class activities, participants should secure a professional evaluation of their physical condition prior to enrolling in this course.
Prior Knowledge Recommendation
It is recommended that participants have HazMat Operations level training prior to registering.
- Plan the response
- Plan air monitoring and sampling activities
- Describe air monitoring options at the operations level
- Implement the response
- Implement air monitoring options and sampling activities
Operations-level personnel assigned to implement air monitoring and sampling operations at a Hazardous Material (HazMat)/Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) incident.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- Pro Board
Class Location and Travel Information
For responders in the state of Texas, this course is also available at no cost through the Texas Division of Emergency Management.
Phone: (979) 458-3640 | (866) 878-8900
Email: [email protected]
- Credit Card – Complete online registration or call (979) 845-2130.
- Purchase Order Complete online registration and send a copy of PO documentation within 48 hours.