IMS200 – 12.50 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, this course can be scheduled to meet your specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
IMS200 is designed to enable you to operate efficiently during an incident or event within the Incident Command System (ICS). The course provides the foundation for higher-level ICS training, and will provide you with the skill to work at the basic level in the Incident Command System. You will be introduced to the Incident Command System and will learn basic concepts for managing all-hazards emergencies or planned events. IMS200 provides training and resources for personnel likely to assume a supervisory position within the ICS. This course also prepares personnel to coordinate with response partners from all levels of government and the private sector.
Course Completion Requirements
Upon completion of the course, score a 75% on a written examination.
Course Specific Attendance Requirement
Students must attend all sessions of the course in order to complete the course of instruction.
- Leadership and Management
- Delegation of Authority and Management by Objective
- Functional Areas and Positions
- Organizational Flexibility
- Transfer of Command
The target audience should include entry level personnel from local agencies, including representatives from:
- Fire Service
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Hazardous Materials (HazMat)
- Law Enforcement (LE)
- Public Health (PH)
- Public Works (PW)
- Emergency Management (EM)
Additionally, jurisdictions are strongly encouraged to invite representatives from:
- Local Hazardous Materials (HazMat) response
- Emergency communications organizations
- Other governmental and quasi-governmental agencies
- Organizations such as school systems and the National Guard
- Other non-governmental, private industry, and federal emergency response agencies
- Representatives from higher education institutions located within or support the jurisdiction
- Maximum number of participants: 40
- Minimum number of participants: 26