IMS250 – 12.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
This course focuses on developing a team approach to industrial incident management in a fixed facility and/or operating region. Emphasis is placed on the formation and duties of the Industrial Incident Management Team (IMT) during the initial response phase of an incident and can be customized, as desired. The functions of Command, Command Staff, and General Staff, working on-scene and in an industrial Emergency Operations Center (EOC) environment, are stressed. Further, specific emphasis is placed on establishing, managing, and supporting the Operations Section.
The course reviews IMT section and position-specific roles and responsibilities during the initial response phase including the creation of the ICS 201-Incident Briefing Form and the execution of the ICS 201 Incident Brief.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
It is highly recommended that participants complete the following courses prior to attending the first day of class:
- IS 100: Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS)
- IS 200: Basic Incident Command System for Initial Response (this course can be taught prior to IMS 250, if necessary, for those requiring IS 200)
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 HAZWOPER Awareness, Operations, or Technician Level (Recommended)
- ICS Fundamentals Review
- Initial Response Industrial IMT Organization
- Industrial IMT Position/Section-Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Initial Response and Assessment (Size-Up, Developing Initial Response Objectives, Identifying Hazards, Managing Site Safety)
- Industrial IMT Functionality in an Industrial Emergency Operations Center (EOC)
- Providing Incident Support, Managing External World, Liaison with Public Sector Agencies
- Developing the ICS 201 – Incident Briefing Form
This course is targeted toward industrial responders at fixed facilities and operating regions who will be expected to perform as a member of an Incident Management Team (IMT) during the initial response phase
of an industrial emergency.
One day (8 Hours) and a ½ day (4 Hours), customized and site-specific, tabletop exercise to enhance IMT skills development.& If desired, the tabletop exercise can be extended to a full day (8 Hours).
Course Delivery Options
The course and tabletop exercise can be delivered at a client’s location or the Emergency Services Training Institute (ESTI) in College Station, Texas.