IMS663 – 16.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
Upon the successful completion of this course, participants will be able to successfully lead an incident response to a large-scale industrial incident. and be better able to transition into the expanded (proactive) response phase, as well. This advanced course also addresses decision-making and the strategic and tactical response issues needed in response to a large-scale industrial incident. Course delivery consists of small-group discussion, large-group discussion, individual activities, and group activities that includes the use of a virtual reality simulation.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
For classes taught at the Brayton Fire Training Field, in College Station, Texas, refer to the TEEX ESTI Student Safety Manual for course attire, personal protective equipment (PPE), etc., requirements.
Participants Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed
It is highly recommended that participants satisfy the following before the first day of class:
- Trained to NFPA 1081, Standard for Industrial Fire Brigade Member Professional Qualifications, Chapter 6, “Advanced Exterior Industrial Fire Brigade Member”
- Trained to NFPA 1081, Standard for Industrial Fire Brigade Member Professional Qualifications, Chapter 7, “Interior Structural Industrial Fire Brigade Member”
- ICS-100: Introduction to Incident Command System
- ICS200: ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents
OSHA 29 CFR 1910 HAZWOPER Operations or Technician Level
- IMS 662: Incident Management for Industrial On-Scene Commanders – Level II
- IMS 661: Incident Management for Industrial On-Scene Commanders – Level I
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Strategies, Tactics & RECEO
- Incident Safety
- Intro to the Simulation
- Interactive Simulation Exercises
This advanced course is designed for Industrial Fire Chiefs, Industrial Assistant Fire Chiefs, and Senior-Level Emergency Response Team (ERT)/Fire Brigade Leaders who will serve as the On-Scene Commander, Operations Section Chief (OSC), and/or as leaders within an on-scene response organization (i.e, Operations Section) during a large-scale industrial incident.
Two full days (16 hours). And, this course can be designed and/or scheduled to meet your specific needs.
Course Delivery Options
This course can be delivered at a client’s location or the Emergency Services Training Institute (ESTI) in College Station, Texas.