IND014 – 24.00 Hours
|Details||11/16/21 – 11/18/21||College Station, TX||FP IND014 73||$1850.00||Register|
|Details||01/04/22 – 01/06/22||College Station, TX||FP IND014 74||$1850.00||Register|
|Details||03/15/22 – 03/17/22||College Station, TX||FP IND014 76||$1850.00||Register|
|Details||09/13/22 – 09/15/22||College Station, TX||FP IND014 77||$1850.00||Register|
|Details||11/15/22 – 11/17/22||College Station, TX||FP IND014 75||$1850.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
This course provides you with a solid foundation of knowledge and skills to safely resolve an emergency in a variety of liquid bulk-storage structures found in a plant facility. Through field exercises, you will gain confidence in your ability to handle a variety of liquid bulk-storage emergency situations such as tank fires, railcar fires, or spills.
Upon completion of this course you are eligible to take the National Board on Fire Service Professional Qualifications (Pro Board) written exam and skills testing.
Pro Board Certification Requirements
Participants pursuing Pro Board certification must provide proof of NFPA 472 HazMat Technician dated prior to the last day of class. The documentation must meet the certification office requirements.
Course Completion Requirements
Course Attire/Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
- For field exercises, students must provide National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1971 compliant PPE that meets the Level 4 requirements in the ESTI Student Safety Manual. Any bunker gear found to be unsafe or not NFPA compliant will not be allowed on the field. The bunker gear includes: coat, pants, hood, gloves, helmet, and boots.
- Students are required to participate in hands-on activities utilizing Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) and therefore must be clean shaven while attending class. Facial hair must not be present where the SCBA mask seal contacts the skin. Mustaches and normal sideburns are permitted.
- For classroom activities, students must wear full length pants, closed-toe shoes, and short sleeve/ long sleeve shirts (no sleeveless shirts).
Pro Board Certification Testing
Participants are required to provide a photo ID at time of Pro Board testing.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend 100% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion and to sit for the Pro Board certification exam.
Due to the nature of the training, a physical examination is recommended prior to enrolling in this course.
- Tank identification
- Product identification
- Foam calculations
- Storage tank strategy and tactics
- Large diameter hoses
- Large diameter nozzles
- Suppression methods
- Suppression systems
This course is appropriate for all industrial emergency response personnel, including fire prevention, suppression, control, and safety personnel. Potential students could include:
- Plant operators
- Plant maintenance personnel
- Laboratory personnel
- Electricians/Instrumentation techs
- Security personnel
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 2.40 IACET CEUs
- Pro Board
Annual Fire Training School Information
If you are attending this course as part of TEEX’s Texas Annual Fire Training School, you need to be aware of the following additional information:
Annual Fire Training School Registration Requirements
Annual Schools require that you use the online registration system. If you are using a Purchase Order please place the number in the PO field for payment. Please know we must have a copy of the PO or voucher within 48 hours of your registration or you will be canceled out of the class.
Annual Fire Training School Late Registration
The full rate will be applied after the early-bird registration deadline.
Annual Fire Training School Contact Information
If you have any questions about Annual Schools, call (866) 878-8900 or email email@example.com.
Industrial Fire Training Manager
Phone: (979) 458-3642 | Toll-Free: (979) 458-4368
- Credit Card – Complete online registration or call (979) 845-2130
- Purchase Order – Complete online registration and send a copy of PO documentation within 48 hours to Debbie.Schulz@teex.tamu.edu