LET223 – 3.00 Hours
|LS LET223 35||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
Available Online – Free! Over the past twenty years, active attack response training has focused on training law enforcement to arrive quickly on scene and engage violent suspects. In recent years that focus has shifted to the fire and EMS community with the introduction of different casualty evacuation models. This course expands the focus to include another vital part of the community response team: telecommunicators.
Each link in this survival chain is important. Our response system must move through the chain as quickly as possible, even with the myriad of variables that can make it difficult. What saves lives in these events is rapid stabilization and transport to definitive care. Telecommunicators, are uniquely positioned to help speed the team towards this goal.
This course was designed in conjunction with Advanced Law Enforcement Rapid Response Training (ALERRT) to provide telecommunicators, first responders, and other professionals with information on effective dispatching to better prepare them to save lives and reduce chaos in an active attack event.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements for #78052.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- The mandatory completion/duration period for this eCourse is 45 days from the registration date.
- Participants will have three attempts to pass the final examination.
- To complete this course, you are required to have a computer with internet access.
Online Course Technical Requirements
To successfully complete this online course, you should have access to a computer with the following system requirements:
- Computer tower or laptop
- Note: The use of a tablet is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Broadband or high-speed internet connection
- Recommended: Wired connection with at least 2.0 Mbps bandwidth (bi-directional, i.e. sending and receiving)
- Alternative: Wireless (WiFi) connection
- Note: The use of a MiFi or mobile hotspot is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Current version of web browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 52 or higher, Google Chrome 80 or higher
- Alternatives: Internet Explorer 11, Safari 11 or higher
- Note: Microsoft Edge is not currently a supported browser.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Recognizing active attack event calls
- Handling active attack event callers
- Coordinating with first officers on scene
- Coordinating with incident command
- Telecommunicators, first responders, and other professionals who may serve a role in the survival chain community response team during an active attack event
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- .3 IACET CEUs
- 3.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433