LET300 – 16.00 Hours
TEEX-Internet Moodle Campus
Texas A&M University Systems Building
College Station, TX 77845
John T McNew III
12:01 AM Wednesday, January 01, 2020
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
It is vital for county corrections officers to understand their responsibilities regarding the rights and privileges of inmates in their care, custody, and control. This course will provide officers with an understanding of their proper constitutional duties and is one of the Intermediate Core Courses required by Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) rules to receive intermediate certification as a county corrections officer.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Course #3502.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- The mandatory completion/duration period for this eCourse is 45 days from the registration.
- To complete this course you are required to have a computer with internet access.
- Broadband internet connection
- Current browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 30 or higher, Google Chrome 37 or higher
- Alternatives: Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Safari 7 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
- Adobe Flash 11 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants
must review each module and complete all required course assignments,
activities, quizzes, and or end of course exam.
- Correctional law
- First amendment guarantees for inmates
- Summary of constitutional rights
- The eighth amendment
- The fifth amendment
- The fourteenth amendment
- The fourth amendment
- Texas county and municipal jail staff responsible for inmate oversight and control within a jail facility
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 16.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If paying by purchase order or check, please fill out the required registration form and send to email@example.com or fax to (979) 862-2788.
- Refunds are not available for eLearning courses, nor may the course be transferred from one customer to another.
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433