LET314 – 20.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, this course can be scheduled to meet your specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence at (800) 423-8433 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
Incarcerated gang members often use their Spanish-speaking skills to undermine the efforts of corrections officers and other prison staff. As a result, it is essential for corrections personnel to know Spanish for Corrections.
This course will teach you correctional terms, plus slangs and offensive language to be prepared when you need it. You will quickly learn Spanish phases for issuing commands, controlling emergency situations, prison terminology, and much more.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) intermediate Spanish mandate requirement Course #2109 or #2110.
Course Completion Requirements
- The mandatory completion/duration for this eCourse is six months from the registration date
To meet attendance requirements, participants
must review each module and complete all required course assignments,
activities, quizzes, and or end of course exam.
- Speakers or headphones
- Jail administrators
- Jail/detention officers
- Criminal justice system planners
- Officials involved in the criminal justice system
- This course is offered in partnership with Spanish on Patrol
- Please contact Spanish on Patrol with questions regarding payment at (303)-954-4875
- This is a web-based internet course with no software to install or download