LET315 – 6.00 Hours
TEEX-Internet Moodle Campus
Texas A&M University Systems Building
College Station, TX 77845
John T McNew III
12:01 AM Wednesday, January 01, 2020
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
Jail staffers encounter an array of inmates every day with different personalities and mental health issues. This course provides the basic psychiatric foundation, including how to recognize psychiatric disorders, gathering information regarding psychiatric illness, and how to handle suicidal behavior and prevent suicide in the jail setting.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Course #52002.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- The mandatory completion/duration period for this eCourse is 45 days from the registration.
- To complete this course you are required to have a computer with internet access.
- Broadband internet connection
- Current browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 30 or higher, Google Chrome 37 or higher
- Alternatives: Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Safari 7 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
- Adobe Flash 11 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants
must review each module and complete all required course assignments,
activities, quizzes, and or end of course exam.
- Texas Jail Standard Commission rules
- Medical guidelines for jail staff
- Vital signs
- Specialized medical issues
- Personnel in a jail or holding cell facility
- Candidates for Texas county jail staffing responsible for oversight and control of inmates in a jail or holding cell facility
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 6.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
- Credit Card – Complete online registration or call (979) 845-6677
- Purchase Order – Complete registration form and send to email@example.com or fax to (979) 862-2788
- Check – Complete registration form and mail to: TEEX – LAW, P.O. Box 40006, College Station, TX 77842
- Refunds are not available for eLearning courses, nor may the course be transferred from one customer to another.