LET410 – 20.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, this course can be scheduled to meet your specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence at (800) 423-8433 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
Knowing how to give basic Spanish commands, or ask basic questions, leads to greater effectiveness on the street. If a police officer can ask a Spanish speaking witnesses for a description of an assailant, or a description of a car used in a drive-by, it will speed up the investigation.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) intermediate Spanish mandate requirement Course #2109 or #2110.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- The mandatory completion/duration for this eCourse is six months from the registration date
To meet attendance requirements, participants
must review each module and complete all required course assignments,
activities, quizzes, and or end of course exam.
- Speakers or headphones
- Building community relations
- Controlling the situation
- Field interview
- Weapons on the street
- Illegal drugs
- Emergency situations
- Traffic violations
- Domestic situations
- Criminal activity
- Law enforcement officers
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 20.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- This course is offered in partnership with Spanish on Patrol
- Please contact Spanish on Patrol with questions regarding payment at (303)-954-4875
- This is a web-based internet course with no software to install or download