LET555 – 60.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence at (800) 423-8433 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
Basic Special Weapons And Tactics (SWAT) training provides new SWAT officers the opportunity to learn basic tactical operations theory and develop a level of proficiency in common SWAT operations. The course provides participants with a solid understanding of basic SWAT concepts and operations.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Basic SWAT Course #3301.
Participants enrolling in this course must meet the following employment status:
- Be a licensed or certified peace officers with a current commission or military/security personnel
- Have at least one year of law enforcement experience
Prior to the start of the course, a member of the ILEPSE staff will contact the participant to verify employment in the field listed above.
Course Completion Requirements
Participant Must Provide
- A photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
- The following SWAT Equipment List
- Tactical uniform
Physical participation is required and the participant must be in good physical condition and able to pass the SWAT Physical Requirements
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
- Physical training clothing and footwear
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Building entry and searches
- Dynamic entry techniques
- History of SWAT
- Selection and physical evaluation of team members
- Tactical deployment and field skills
- Use of distraction devices and chemical agents
- Law enforcement, security or military personnel assigned to a tactical team or special response unit
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 60.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Firearms Range
- Live-Fire Shoot House
- Simulation Prop Houses
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
Email: [email protected]