LET555 – 60.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence at (800) 423-8433 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
Basic Special Weapons And Tactics (SWAT) training provides new SWAT officers the opportunity to learn basic tactical operations theory and develop a level of proficiency in common SWAT operations. The course provides participants with a solid understanding of basic SWAT concepts and operations.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Basic SWAT Course #3301.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- Be a licensed or certified peace officers with a current commission or military/security personnel
- Have at least one year of law enforcement experience
- Pass the SWAT Physical Requirements
- Bring the following SWAT Equipment List
- Bring tactical uniform
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
- Physical training clothing and footwear
- Building entry and searches
- Dynamic entry techniques
- History of SWAT
- Selection and physical evaluation of team members
- Tactical deployment and field skills
- Use of distraction devices and chemical agents
- Law enforcement, security or military personnel assigned to a tactical team or special response unit
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 60.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Firearms Range
- Live-Fire Shoot House
- Simulation Prop Houses
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433