LET567 – 40.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence at (800) 423-8433 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
This hands-on course is designed to advance instructor knowledge and understanding of student motivations and generational values as well as advanced the development of instructor skills in preparation, presentation, and overall competency in training. Participants will learn modern methods for effectively training adults and techniques for creating a productive and thriving learning environment.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Advanced Instructor Course #1017.
- Basic Instructor Development (TCOLE #1014) or a course equivalent.
Please fax documents to (877) 289-9715 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org two weeks prior to class start date.
Course Completion Requirements
Participants must bring:
- Materials for the job-related subject they will be teaching
- Resume that includes their teaching experience
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
- Conducting a needs assessment
- Conducting a task analysis
- Writing learning objectives
- Effective multimedia usage
- Managing the learning environment
- Student presentation and teaching exercise
- Currently commissioned Texas peace officers
- Licensed security officers
- Emergency Medical Technicians
- Public safety trainers
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 4.00 IACET CEUs
- 40.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433