LET652 – 40.00 Hours
|Details||06/26/23 – 06/30/23||Bryan, TX||LS LET652 39||$600.00||Register|
|Details||11/06/23 – 11/10/23||Houston, TX||LS LET652 42||$600.00||Register|
|Details||11/27/23 – 12/01/23||Weslaco, TX||LS LET652 43||$600.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
Participants will learn modern self-defense concepts and principles for all levels of resistance that can be used if attacked in the line of duty. Officers will be able to return to their agency and train personnel in these arrest and control tactics.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements for TEEX Defensive Tactics Course #78035.
- “[The] objectives were clearly stated and highlighted by the instructor. [Those objectives] were addressed through both classroom and practical application which enhanced the learning process.“
- “Our instructor was prepared and knowledgeable… Made the effort to ensure everyone gained the required knowledge to pass the course.“
Participants enrolling in this course must complete the following course prior to attendance:
- Basic Instructor Development (TCOLE #1014) or a course equivalent
Please send proof of course completion via email to [email protected] at least two weeks prior to class start date.
Participants will be contacted via email to confirm approval and admittance into course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participant Must Provide
- A photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
- Duty Gear (ballistic vest)
- Boxing Gloves
Physical participation is required, participant must be in good physical condition and able to complete the following:
- Handcuffing Techniques
- Disruptive Strikes
- Edged Weapon Defense
- Updated Baton Techniques
- Joint locks
- Grounding techniques
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example, a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
Participants should wear clothing that is as close to duty uniform as possible to practice ground techniques.
- Physiological Responses to Stress
- Stances and Mobility
- Tactical Clinch
- Natural Impact Weapons
- Control Dynamics
- Ground Fighting
- Weapon Retention
- Vascular Restraint
- Baton Techniques
- Edged Weapon Countermeasures
- Currently commissioned peace officers, licensed security officers or public safety trainers.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 40.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Arrest and Control Tactics Instructor was formerly titled Defensive Tactics Instructor
- Certificate of successful completion valid two years from date of completion
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
Email: [email protected]
- Credit Card – Complete online registration or call (979) 845-6677
- Purchase Order – Complete registration form and send to [email protected] or fax to (877) 289-9715
- Check – Complete registration form and mail to: TEEX – ILEPSE, P.O. Box 40006, College Station, TX 77842