NFA064 – 21.00 Hours
|Details||02/06/23 – 02/08/23||Corinth, TX||FP NFA064 688||Register|
|Details||02/06/23 – 02/08/23||Huntsville, TX||FP NFA064 691||Register|
|Details||02/17/23 – 02/19/23||Campbell, TX||FP NFA064 694||Register|
|Details||02/20/23 – 02/22/23||Floresville, TX||FP NFA064 692||Register|
|Details||03/17/23 – 03/19/23||Tyler, TX||FP NFA064 695||Register|
|Details||03/20/23 – 03/22/23||Harlingen, TX||FP NFA064 690||Register|
|Details||03/28/23 – 03/30/23||Tyler, TX||FP NFA064 693||Register|
|Details||04/03/23 – 04/05/23||Dallas, TX||FP NFA064 699||Register|
|Details||05/23/23 – 05/25/23||Longview, TX||FP NFA064 698||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This course is intended to serve as a vehicle to share proven incident management strategies and practices, as well as to enhance teamwork and coordination among the agency’s mid-level managers and command staff directly responsible for emergency response to all-hazards incidents in which the Incident Command System (ICS) is employed.
The course utilizes scenarios and application exercises to highlight key issues and facilitate discussion. The concluding tabletop exercise is intended to allow you to apply the information provided during the course in a controlled environment.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participants Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
To meet NFA attendance requirements, participants must complete each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam. Exceptions may be discussed with lead instructor.
- ICS-100 Introduction to Incident Command System, ICS-100
- ICS-200 ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents
- ICS-700 National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction
- ICS-800 National Response Framework, An Introduction
- ICS fundamentals review
- Unified command
- Incident/event assessment
- Agency guidance in establishing incident objectives
- Planning process
- Incident resource management
- Demobilization, transfer of command, and closeout
This course is available to all emergency and crisis response personnel.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP)
- State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA)
To request this class in your jurisdiction or department, please use the Emergency Services Training Institute (ESTI) Extension Course Request Form.
To request admission to an already-scheduled course, call the contact person listed in this course schedule. This will allow the course host to provide appropriate numbers of participant manuals.
All extension courses are classroom only.