OGT208 – 8.00 Hours
DOE Teaching/Learning Ctr RM
44-36 Vernon Blvd.
Long Island City, NY 11101
08:00 AM Wednesday, February 12, 2020
Henderson Police Department
800 Lake Forest Parkway
Henderson, TX 75652
08:00 AM Thursday, April 30, 2020
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
This course takes an all-hazards approach to Hazardous Materials (HazMat) incidents, including acts of terrorism where Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) materials may have been used. It provides participants the knowledge to recognize the hazardous material, protect themselves, notify others, and secure the scene.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
Prior Training Courses
- Understand recognition, avoidance, isolation, and notification techniques for explosive devices when used as WMDs
- Prevention and Deterrence
- Identification of Hazardous Material and the Emergency Response Guide (ERG)
- Chemical Agents
- Biological Agents
- Radiological Materials and Nuclear Weapons
- Explosive Devices
- Fire Department personnel
- Law Enforcement personnel
- Public Works personnel
- County/State/Federal Responders
- Emergency Medical Service (EMS) providers
- Public Health and Health Care workers
- The Private Sector
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
As part of a Department of Homeland Security/ Federal Emergency Management Agency (DHS/FEMA) funded Homeland Security National Training Program Cooperative Agreement this course is available at no direct cost to state, county and local government agencies.
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.