OIL500 – 8.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, this course can be scheduled to meet your specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
TEEX can provide your organization with customized oil-spill response training tailored to meet your specific needs. The 8 to 40 hour custom designed curriculum is based upon the topics offered in the standard oil-spill response courses.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
For classroom activities, participants must wear full length pants, closed-toe shoes, and short sleeve / long sleeve shirts (no sleeveless shirts).
The student attendance requirements for this course is based upon the needs of the client and is communicated to the students during the class.
Due to the strenuous nature of class activities, you should secure a professional evaluation of your physical condition prior to enrolling in this course.
- Aerial surveillance
- Boom and skimmer design
- Boom and Skimmer Design and Function
- Communications equipment
- Containing and recovering oil on surface water
- Contingency planning and response team training
- Movement, containment and cleanup of oil
- Oil recovery from soil and oily debris disposal
- Oil-spill contractors and cooperatives
- Preventing oil spills
- Reporting and documenting oil spills
- Security, damage claims and public relations
- Shoreline protection, cleanup and restoration
- Sorbents and chemical agents
- First responders
- Industrial and refinery personnel
- Government employees
- Individuals who may be tasked with responding to oil spill incidents
Phone: (979) 845-1158 | Toll-Free: (979) 845-3831
- Credit Card – Complete online registration or call (979) 845-2130
- Purchase Order – Complete online registration and send a copy of PO documentation within 48 hours to Cynthia.Ford@teex.tamu.edu